• "Pursuant to state law, no expression made by students in the exercise of such rights shall be deemed to be an expression of school policy and no school officials shall be held responsible in any civil or criminal action for any expression made or published by the students."
The student news site of Ipswich High School

Tiger Transcript

Tiger Transcript

Tiger Transcript

Letter From the Editors – G Block

Estelle Gromko
Class of 2024 at ‘Senior Sunrise’

Senior spring is an exciting time for many, including the authors of the most recent addition of the Tiger Transcript. In the springtime seniors are continuing to plan for next year, going out on BRIDGE, participating in spring sports, attending senior activities, and preparing for their last batch of final exams of their highschool careers, all before graduation on Sunday, June 2. Saying the next two months are busy is an understatement. 

Seniors spent the fall discussing their future plans, as illustrated in previous editions of the Tiger Transcript. At this point in the year, seniors have to weigh their options, deciding on colleges, trades, and any other important factors that will determine life after high school.

Seniors that are participating in the BRIDGE Program are ready to explore the world. The BRIDGE Program, for those who don’t know, is a program led by Mr. Wood and Mr. Harvey, two educators here at Ipswich High School. The program allows seniors in good academic standing to go out and work, obtain an internship, and get real world experience in the workforce, instead of going to their traditional classes. Seniors do have to report back for their Advanced Placement (AP) courses but most students can make it work with their schedules. 

Spring sports have started back up and students are excited to be back on the field! At Ipswich High School, lacrosse, track and field, tennis, baseball, and softball are ready for their seasons. For seniors this is the last season of sports that they will compete in for the duration of their high school career! Good luck teams! 

Seniors often look forward to all the events and activities that come at the tail end of senior year. The week begins with a grand senior Prom at the Crane Estate. This year students can expect to have a barbecue out back with students wearing clothing that represents where they will be after graduation, either in higher education or in the workforce. Additionally students will go on a boat cruise through Boston Harbor, and so many more activities. 

Overall we are excited to see our class thrive and celebrate together as the year comes to an end. Seniors have lots of exciting things ahead, and loads of opportunities coming their way. Best of luck to the IHS Class of 2024!